Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hubby's First Chemotherapy Visit

Things have been getting kind of hard here lately because Steve has not been working much at all. We kind of wondered if he would get paid for Memorial Day Monday since he had not been able to work Friday because they had wanted him to come in to the radiation lab to to be fitted for radiation treatments. We thought that he might stand a chance if he worked until lunchtime Tuesday then came home to get ready for his Chemotherapy appointment which we thought was at 1:00. That thought quickly died when I found his appointment letter while I was straightening the living room before I went to bed. I left Steve a note to wake me at 7:15 because he had to be there at 8:00 AM.

At the chemotherapy appointment I gave the nurse two disability papers to be filled out by the doctor then I sat down to hem doll dresses for the three hour wait. I am supposed to pick the disability papers back up when we go in for Steve's chemotherapy appointment next Tuesday. One of these papers was a paper that his work wanted him to get filled out for temporary disability, and the other was for a loan that we got to pay off some medical bills. It looks like they may pay this loan off for us from the way the disability papers is worded, but I am not sure. This is the only loan that we have with disability or life insurance on it, and sometimes I wonder how the rest of them will be paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment